Inclusion, exclusion or removal from this Register will be
decided by a Registration Panel consisting of 5 members appointed for 5 years
by SPF (2 representatives), AP Tox (2 representatives) and a representative of EUROTOX
The Panel will meet twice a year (June and December) to review new applications, approve (or reject) them and report to EUROTOX, and ensure continuing registration. These meeting can be virtual (i.e. tele-meetings) or physical. A quorum of 3 members must be present and decisions of the registration panel shall be made by simple majority. Deadline submission date for the next evaluation process is the 31st of December, 2022.
Current Registration Panel is composed of the following members:
Joana Miranda (Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon)
Nuno Oliveira (Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon)
AP Tox Representatives:
João Paulo Teixeira (Instituto Nacional de Saúde Doutor Ricardo Jorge, Oporto)
Elsa Casimiro (INFOTOX, Lda., Lisbon)
EUROTOX Registration Subcommittee Representative
Felix Carvalho (Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Oporto)
The Secretariat is provided by SPF and is responsible for:
• Collection and processing of applications for registration.
• Communications between applicants and the Registration Panel.
• Keeping records of the dates for the forthcoming Registration Panel meetings as well as the results of the past meetings.
• Maintaining updated the registration register.
• Communication with registrants inviting them to submit an application for re-registration, at the appropriate time (at five-year intervals). Registrants should supply information to the Registration Panel at least 6 weeks before the Panel meeting date. Verification of the facts so provided may be requested.
Have any questions? Please contact use using the form below:
The association was set up in 2009 in response to the need for integration of professionals working in all areas for toxicology, environmental health and occupational health in Portugal. To strengthen this integration, AP Tox encourages partnerships with other professional organizations.
Members are from industry, academia, consultants, and regulatory authorities. Membership is open to any individual with a genuine interest in toxicology, environmental health and occupational health. AT Tox aims to keep its members well informed. It regularly organizes scientific meetings on specific topics of interest to its members.
To encourage members interested in particular fields of toxicology, a number of speciality sections have been established. These allow individuals to exchange scientific views and provide a platform for integration across professions. Sections often organize specialized workshops, training, and projects. Currently, AP Tox has the following specialty sections:
· Regulatory toxicology & risk assessment
· Genetic toxicology & biomarkers
· Environmental toxicology & alternative testing
AP Tox is a member of the following organizations/networks: IUTOX (International Union of Toxicology), EUROTOX (Federation of European Toxicologists & European Societies of Toxicology), EEMS (European Environmental Mutagen Society), & WHO Chemical Risk Assessment Network.
Membership is open to all individuals with a genuine interest in toxicology. Individual membership fees are 25€/year (15€/year for students). For membership applications, please contact the AP Tox secretary (aptox @ sapo.pt).